We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
One of the main operating costs for any small- to medium-sized distribution center is the operating, or hiring in, of a fleet of shunt trucks. But they tend to be dirty, expensive, and hard to maneuver in tight spaces.
But there is an alternative -- DJ Products' amazing range of battery-powered trailer moving dollies like its Terminal Tractor. They can be cheaper to run and maintain, are easier to operate, and can help improve yard safety and your bottom line over their lifespan.
"But how?", you might ask. Let's find out...
RELATED: THIS TRUCK DRIVER'S REVERSE PARKING SKILLS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
What is DJ Products' TrailerCaddy Terminal Tractor?
DJ Products' TraillerCaddy Terminal Tractor is an innovative and low-cost alternative to conventional shunt trucks for shunting semi-trailers. They are smaller, easier to maintain and use, and far more maneuverable than shunt trucks providing many benefits for small to medium-sized distribution centers.
Each TrailerCaddy Terminal Tractor can be operated by a single user and provide a more controlled method of moving semi-trailers in and out of loading docks or around the yard. As the user is out in the open, there are limited issues with visibility during maneuvering operations.
By using one of DJ Products' TrailerCaddy trailer mover dollies, even the heaviest and most stubborn trailer can be moved around as easily as "child's play".
Each TrailerCaddy dolly comes with a hydraulic lift that, depending on the model, can lift and move even the heaviest of trailers. In fact, they can handle semi-trailers, OTRs, and tank trailers up to a maximum of 100,000 lbs (45,359 kgs) in weight.
The TrailerCaddy's Terminal Tractor's vital stats are as follows:
- Heavy Duty Steel Frame
- 6 HP Motor / Differential Transaxle
- 5.6:1 Gear Reduction with Chain to
- Drive Tires
- AC Digital Controller
- Neutral Throttle Braking
- Adjustable Acceleration/Braking
- 10” Hydraulic Pump Lift Kit
- 48v (4) 150 Amp/hr Batteries
- Variable Speed Thumb Twist Pad
- 0-1.30 mph Variable Forward/ Reverse
- Battery Discharge Indicator
- External Charger
- Safety Stop Switch
- Safety Horn
- Safety Strobe Flashing Light
- (4) 18“ Solid Tread Drive Tires
- (2) 18” Solid Tread Steer Tires
- HD King Pin Receiver for 5th Wheel Trailer
It also comes with some useful optional features:
- Pintle Hitch
- Ball Hitch and Bracket
- Air Brake Release Kit (includes a dc converter, pump, Glad Hand cables & air tank)
- King Pin Lighting Kit
- Foot Path Lighting Kit
- Upgrade to Qty: (8) 150 Amp Batteries
- Upgrade to Qty: (8) 110 Amp AGM Batteries (AGM batteries needed for overseas shipments)
- Upgrade to Qty: (16) 150 Amp Batteries
- Upgrade to Qty: (16) 110 Amp AGM Batteries (AGM batteries needed for overseas shipments.
DJ Products' TrailerCaddy dollies come in a range of sizes for all budgets and needs
DJ Products provide a range of different TrailerCaddy dolly solutions to fit any need and budget. At the time of writing, they currently offer the following different truck shunting solutions:-
- TrailerCaddy Motorized Trailer Puller - Ideal for trailers up to 10,000 lbs (4,536 kgs) in weight. It is the perfect solution for maneuvering boat trailers, utility trailers, campers, and toy haulers in and out of a garage, a storage warehouse, marine showroom floor, or a boat and RV show.
- TrailerCaddy 2.5K Powered Dolly - Capable of pulling trailers up to 15,000 lbs (6,804 kgs). This dolly is designed for moving king pin and covered equipment trailers, as well as campers.
- TrailerCaddy 6K 36v Power Trailer Mover - Can handle trailers up to 50,000 lbs (22,680 kgs)) in weight and tongue weights up to 6,000 lbs (2,722 kgs). It is designed for moving larger kingpins, pintles, and covered equipment trailers, as well as campers than the 2.5K dolly.
- TrailerCaddy 15k 36v Heavy Duty Trailer Dolly - Can also handle trailers up to 50,000 lbs (22,680 kgs) in weight and tongue weights up to 15,000 lbs (6,804 kgs). This dolly is capable of pushing and pulling large boats, RVs, horse trailers, toy haulers, or equipment trailers and dollies. It is a valuable multi-purpose unit.
- TrailerCaddy 6k 48v Power Trailer Mover - This bad boy can handle trailers up to 100,000 lbs (45,359 kgs) in weight and tongue weights of up to 6,000 lbs (2,722 kgs). This unit is manufactured for moving king pin, pintle, and covered equipment trailers, as well as larger campers.
- TrailerCaddy 15k 48v Heavy Duty Motorized Trailer Dolly - Able to shunt around trailers up to 100,000 lbs (45,359 kgs) in weight and tongue weights of up to 15,000 lbs (6,804 kgs). This dolly is great for shunting 48′ & 53′ OTR trailers, tank, and lowboy trailers and heavy commercial equipment trailers.
- TrailerCaddy Trailer Shifter "Electric Yard Dog" - The "beefcake" of the family it can handle trailers up to 100,000 lbs (45,359 kgs) in weight and tongue weights of up to 30,000 lbs (13,608 kgs).
What are the benefits of the TrailerCaddy Terminal Tractor?
Each TrailerCaddy dolly is operated in a forward-facing fashion meaning it is much safer and easier to control than using more conventional means. The TrailerCaddy Terminal Tractor provides precision speed control that reduces the risk of damage to the dock, trailer, and other equipment.
TrailerCaddy also provides much tighter turning capability than regular shunting trucks increasing shunting operations' speed and efficiency. The vehicle also comes with an optional compressor to release brakes on trucks equipped with air brakes.
Operators can complete the operation without the need to crawl in and out of a shunt truck's cab during shunting operations as well.
The TrailerCaddy Terminal Tractor is powered by a 48-volt battery system and can be used by a broad range of employees with little training. This enables distribution centers to eliminate the need to employ the services of a dedicated shunting service or in-house shunt truck driver.
It also eliminates the need for CDL qualification and no logging of driver hours. Operators also do not need a health card, or annual training or certification to use them.
This not only cuts overheads but also enables operators to increase productivity.
One of the main benefits of this diminutive trailer-shunter is its cost. A typical new shunt truck can cost in excess of $100,000.
These trucks also come with significant ongoing annual maintenance costs that can run into the tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. Plus trained truck drivers come with their own set of ongoing costs on top of that.
A single driver can cost in excess of $80,000 a year! Plus, being human, they can be off work for myriad reasons from getting sick to any other hiccups that life throws at them.
The TrailerCaddy can shave these costs down significantly. Each unit costs less than one quarter that of a new shunt truck and have much-reduced maintenance costs over its lifespan.
The battery-powered TrailerCaddy is also much cleaner and cheaper to run. But the benefits are not just financial -- it is also much, much safer than conventional shunt trucks.
"It reduces the risk of accidents, injuries, and damage by shunting trailers safely in and out of tight loading docks doors. Our wagon-wheel steering mechanism allows for exceptional maneuverability, small corrections, and precise turns.
With the TrailerCaddy Terminal Tractor, the operator walks along-side the unit at a slower, more controlled pace. No more looking over your shoulder while you back up. " - DJ Products.
So if you run a distribution center and are looking for low-cost, low-to-zero maintenance, and easy-to-use alternative to shunt trucks why not check out DJ Products' solutions today?
What have you got to lose?